I wish these three companies would merge. yes, I know that GrandCentral is already acquired by Google. But there are reasons.
- GrandCentral is one number for everything. But it is also a place that keeps track of who called you, whom you called (if you called thru Grand Central). It also keeps track of my voice mails.
- Combine that with Gtalk. Well, that is easy. Ability to call a number or receive a phone call on Gtalk will just be amazing. (Not that you can not do today using other 3rd party tools that work with Gtalk).
- Combine that with Gmail. All my emails, voice mails, contacts and phone numbers in one place. One consolidated journal for everything.
- Jott. Yeh... that is the one I can use to dictate my voice mails and emails and other things. B.t.w. it is already having option to integrate with Google Calendar.
- Ribbit- this is not out of Alpha yet. but it promises to combine feature of many.. e.g. it can transcribe (imagine voice mails going to grand central, jott converting it to a text and sending it to gmail - yeh all of that).
What do you think?